University of Minnesota
- Graduate Assistant, Department of Mathematics, University of Minnesota
- Student Teacher, Roosevelt High School, Minneapolis MN
- Permanent position teaching mathematics in a...
- Twin Cities area high school
- Twin Cities area community college
- Developing creative and engaging educational Web sites for mathematics students
- Spending more time on the golf course during the summer
More about Dave Wiggins
- Resume: This is my current Resume which I am distributing to all prospective employers. If you know someone who might have a job for me, feel free to pass this information along!
- Teaching Philosophy: This Statement of Philosophy is an attempt at putting my passions for teaching mathematics into words.
- Views on Classroom Management: This site describes my ever-changing views on Classroom Management. Read this with the understanding that I may have been highly naive and idealistic when I wrote it!
- Courses Taught: This site gives a year-by-year listing of the Courses that I have taught for the past twelve years at the University of Minnesota and Inver Hills Community College.
- Pictures of Jordan: For those who are interested in viewing some cute pictures of my son Jordan, here is a sample:
Some Examples of Educational Work
- Interactive Geometry Lessons: An interactive math site for high school geometry students. Conjectures in Geometry was created by myself, Jodi Crane, and Linda Stevens while taking a course at the Geometry Center at the University of Minnesota during the Winter of 1996. Our plan is to continue adding to this exciting project. Try this one out! Your input would be appreciated!
- Student Work: The students in Rob Rumppe's high school geometry class spent three class periods working with Geometer's Sketchpad. The result of their investigations are captured in Discoveries in Geometry. Please check this interactive site out!
- Geometry Syllabus: This Geometry Syllabus was developed for my students at Roosevelt High School, where I am student teaching under the fine leadership of Mr. Rob Rumppe (mentioned above).
- Calculus Syllabus: This Math 1252 Syllabus was used for Calculus II at the University of Minnesota during the Winter of 1996.
- My Favorite Lesson Plan: This Biggest Box Lesson is my "rainy day" lesson. It is a favorite of mine because it can be used in any high school math class, regardless of level.
Future Additions to This Page
In the future, I would like to:
- Displays of Student Work
- Provide more of my Favorite Lesson Plans
- Provide many of my Fun Math Projects
- Provide many of my Interactive Math Demonstrations
- Provide links to many of the web sites that i find most useful
Your suggestions are welcome!
127 Vincent Hall
206 Church St. SE
Minneapolis, MN 55455