The Pisces Project
Pisces is a Platform for Implicit Surfaces and Curves and the
Exploration of Singularities. The goal of Pisces is to provide tools
for researchers and educators who want to compute the set
of points that satisfy some equation. Pisces is potentially useful to
mathematicians and scientists in a variety of fields, including
algebraic geometry, astrophysics, computer-aided geometric design, and
- What is Pisces?
- An introduction to Pisces and level sets.
- The Mathematics of Implicitly-Defined Curves
- An introduction to the geometry of implicitly-defined curves,
and to numerical methods used to compute these curves.
- Interactive Demos
- On-line demonstrations of Pisces in action.
Explore the level sets of any function
currently installed in Pisces at the Geometry Center.
(Requires an HTML 2.0 browser)
- An introduction to using Pisces for the computation and visualization
of the implicitly-defined curves.
- The complete Pisces documentation, including a description
of all installed algorithms. The documentation is also available
as printer-ready postscript.
- Obtaining Pisces
- System requirements and links to download the
complete Pisces source code.
- About the Pisces Logo
- It's not just art, it's math!
- Pisces Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
- Short answers and hints to those questions which arise most often.
- Comments? Suggestions? Complaints? Bugs?
- Send your feedback to the
Pisces development team.
The Geometry Center Home Page
Documentation and Tutorial written by Frederick J. Wicklin
WebPisces created by Erik Streed
Comments to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Last modified: Wed Dec 6 15:25:05 1995
Copyright © 1995 by
The Geometry Center,
all rights reserved.