The Animation Panel
The Pisces Animation Panel.
The Animation panel allows users with interactive output devices to
see a sequence of level sets in a one-parameter family of models.
How it works
The animation is created by the following algorithm:
- The step size is computed by taking the difference
between Ending Value and Starting Value and dividing
that difference by the Number of Steps.
- The value of the Parameter to Animate is saved.
- The value of the Parameter to Animate is set to the
- The Algorithm is called to compute the level set.
- The Parameter to Animate is incremented by step size.
- If the value of Parameter to Animate is less then or equal to
the Ending Value then go to the previous step.
- The value of the Parameter to Animate is restored.
Controlling the Animation Panel from Pisces
The Animation panel has the following fields:
To see the animation press the Go button. At any time after that
during the animation you may stop it by pressing the Interrupt
button which replaced the Go button for the duration of the
- Parameter to Animate
- From the menu of the current model parameters,
the selected parameter is the one which will be animated.
- Starting Value
- The value that the selected parameter
takes for the first frame of the animation.
- Ending Value
- The value the selected parameter takes for the
last frame of the animation.
- Number of Steps
- The number of frames of animation that will
be produced. This must be a positive integer.
- This menu selection determines method of
computing the level set. The parameters for each
algorithm may be set using
the control panel specific to each algorithm.
The menu's in the Animation Control panel do not change when the model is
changed. The result is that the panel must be closed and reopened before the
correct list of parameters is available. In addition, the currently selected
parameter must be reselected as it is not reset when the panel is reopened.
In addition there is not check to make sure that the algorithm will work
with the given model. This flaw is not specific to the Animation panel
but does affect it's operation.
Popup menus added by John Golden and
Next: The Parametric Animation Panel
Previous: User Interface
The Pisces Home Page
Comments to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Last modified: Sun Nov 26 18:50:18 1995
Copyright © 1995 by
The Geometry Center,
all rights reserved.