The Main Idea: Level Sets
- What are Functions?
- Basic definitions: domain, range, and derivative.
- Level Sets of Single-Variable Functions
- The geometric relationship between level sets and
zeros (or roots) of functions.
- Level Sets of Multivariable Functions
- The geometry of level sets and an introduction to singularities.
- Why are Level Sets Important?
- Example of level sets in our daily lives.
- Level Surfaces
- Implicit surfaces are the level sets of a function of three variables.
- Level Curves in Higher Dimensions
- Implicitly-defined curves in space are just the intersection
of surfaces in space.
Next: What are functions?
Previous: What is Pisces?
The Pisces Home Page
Comments to: email@example.com
Last modified: Sun Nov 26 16:04:38 1995
Copyright © 1995 by
The Geometry Center,
all rights reserved.