spacecraft modeling tool
Crafter is a software package for designing three-dimensional models
- Crafter's graphical user interface
allows you to manipulate the model interactively using the mouse.
- Each piece of a Crafter model is attached to another piece in the model
in a hierarchical fashion, with the attachment point and rotation
- Crafter's library of parts is specially designed for building spacecraft.
It includes geometric objects such as cylinders, ellipsoids and rectangular
plates and also an array of trusses.
- The user can control appearance characteristics,
such as color, shading and texture mapping, at any level of the model.
- Crafter is scriptable;
most operations that can be done with the mouse, can also be done
with Tcl commands.
Crafter 1.0 -- August 16, 1996
- Download Geomview version 1.6.1
binary distribution for the proper platform:
- Download Crafter version 1.0 distribution for the proper platform:
Crafter is available for download free of charge. However, Crafter is
copyrighted software, and Geometry
Technologies, Inc. should be credited in any publication,
electronic or otherwise, containing Crafter output.
Since Crafter is freely available, there is no support of any kind
available either from The Geometry Center (which is closed) or
Geometry Technologies, Inc. which has taken over the copyright and
continues to make Crafter available. However, Geometry Technologies
offers consulting and custom programming services, and can offer
support or customization for Crafter on a contract basis. Please inquire by
writing to email@example.com.
Install Geomview and Crafter
Downloading partial distribution