1. First draw the circle and any point outside the circle.
2. Next draw a line through the center of the circle and the external point.
3. Bisect the segment form the center of the circle to the point.
4. Using the biscecting point as a center and the bisected segment as radius, draw a circle.
5. The tangent points are where the two circles intersect. Draw lines from the original point through these intersection points.
Click here to get a Sketchpad example of this construction. of
Return to Tom's page: Zaremba