Map Coloring Introduction
||Cost Per Country
You need to color the entire map of South America. This may seem simple, but
but there are some rescrictions.
- No country may touch another country of the same color.
- You will be charged each time you use a color to fill in a country
-regardless of its size.
- You must color the map as cheaply as possible.
The cost for each color is shown above.
Suggestion: First make a plan and then begin coloring.
- What was your plan?
- What is the total cost of your map?
- How many colors did you use?
- Would it be possible to use fewer colors than you did? Why or why not?