Courses that Carol Scheftic has designed and/or taught|
University of Minnesota
- Communicating Mathematics with Hypertext.
- Technology in the Geometry Classroom.
Mathematical Association of America
- Distance Learning Courses of the Committee on Professional Development and the Committee on Computers in Mathematics Education
- 1997: Presenting Mathematical Concepts Via the World Wide Web.
Interactive Mathematics Text Project
Carnegie Mellon University
- Entry-level Calculus (science and engineering majors),
with symbolic computing and/or collaborative learning,
using lecture/recitation and/or separate labs.
- Methods of Symbolic Computation.
- Programming in cT.
- Educational Software Design & Development.
- Principles of Instructional Design.
- Computing Skills Workshop.
- Summer Institutes
- Center for Nonlinear Analysis:
Maple Laboratory in Real and Numerical Analysis.
- Center for Design of Educational Computing:
Educational Software Development in cT.
Carnegie Group Inc
- Foundations of Artificial Intelligence.
- Tutorial on Common Lisp.
- Knowledge Craft.
- Language Craft.
University of Pittsburgh
- Introduction to Educational Communications and Technology.
- Technological Literacy for Educators.
- Radio Theatre Techniques.
- Radio Production Techniques.
Allegheny Intermediate Unit
- Microcomputer Awareness,
- Introduction to Microcomputers,
- Going On-line: Electronic Mail and Other Communications Resources.
- Turtle Graphics in Logo,
- Beyond Turtle Graphics in Logo,
- Logo Project Workshop.
- The Art of Programming: Karel the Robot,
- Introduction to Pascal,
- Intermediate Pascal,
- Pascal and the AP Computer Science Exam.
- plus nearly 100 workshops and presentations on instructional
computing, tailored to the needs of particular schools or
Buhl Science Center
Pennsylvania State University
- An Introduction to Computers for Educators.
- Computer Languages for Educators.
- A Survey of the Educational Applications of Word Processing,
Database Management, and Electronic Worksheet Programs.
- Classroom Applications of Logo.
- Pascal for Educators.
- Graphics for Educators.
Community College of Allegheny County
- Analytical Methods I and II.
- Descriptive Statistics for the Business Person.
- Home Computers for Work and Play.
Boreham Wood College of Further Education
- Pure Mathematics I and II.
- Statistics I and II.
- Computing IB.
Westinghouse High School
- 7th Grade Mathematics.
- 8th Grade Mathematics.
Project Upward Bound
- Geometry (at Carnegie-Mellon University).
- Analytic Geometry.
Information about Carol Scheftic
Last modified: Tue Jun 18 17:57:17 1996