Carol Scheftic: Selected consulting or advisory projects
and part-time positions
The above list includes only external activities.
I have also participated in a number of similar
activities and projects
that were components of my regular, full-time
- University of Washington, Seattle Central Community College,
and Grinnell College, Linear Algebra Modules Project:
Participate in advisory board for project, funded by NSF, on the
development of educational modules in linear algebra.
- University of Pittsburgh, Calc-Tech Project:
Participate in advisory board for project, funded by NSF, on teaching
calculus with technology.
- Mathematical Association of America, Interactive Mathematics
Develop and lead workshops on Maple V for Windows, with applications
in collegiate mathematics. Present information about the project
at appropriate professional meetings.
- Mathematical Association of America, Visiting Lecturer:
Give presentations on the use of technology and collaboration in
- Brooks/Cole Publishing Company, V.I.P. Program:
Support and encourage the use of software in instruction.
- Brooks/Cole Publishing Company, Technical Reviewer:
Evaluate and test publications on Maple for college-level mathematics
- Waterloo Maple Software, Maple Ambassador:
Support and encourage the use of the Maple computer algebra system.
- Sigma Xi, Workshop on Undergraduate Entry-Level Courses in
Science, Mathematics, and Engineering:
Participate in the workshop and in the production of a comprehensive
report for national distribution.
- Western Instructional Support Center, Interactive Video Project:
Evaluate design of interactive video software on maintaining classroom
- Lawrence Erlbaum Associates, Technical Reviewer:
Evaluate and contribute to publications on the design of educational
- Scott, Foresman and Company, Computer Education Department:
Design software for primary, elementary, and middle school mathematics.
- Harvard Law School, Project Pericles:
Consult on educational uses of expert systems.
- University of Pittsburgh, School of Medicine:
Design & evaluate an expert system for medical education.
- The Pennsylvania State University, Instructional Systems:
Curriculum design and teaching, graduate courses.
- Buhl Science Center, Computer Education Program:
Teach secondary-level courses.
- ARIN Intermediate Unit, Computer Coordinator, Gifted Program:
Project supervision of secondary students and in-service training for
elementary and secondary teachers.
- Community College of Allegheny County, Department of Special
Curriculum design in statistics and
consultation on integrating computers into classroom activities.
- Carnegie-Mellon University, Project Upward Bound:
Information about Carol Scheftic
Last modified: Tue Jun 18 18:02:19 1996