- Board of Directors, Geometry Technologies, Inc., 1996 - present.
- Board of Directors, Million Zillion Software, Inc., 1997 - present.
- Consultant, CPT Corporation, 1979-85.
- Member, Editorial Board, Archive for Rational Mechanics and Analysis, 1982 - present.
- Member, Editorial Board, Dynamics and Differential Equations, 1988-96.
- Special Edition Editor, Ergodic Theory and Dynamical Systems, 1988.
- Acting Managing Editor, SIAM Journal on Mathematical Analysis, 1980.
- Member, Editorial Board, SIAM Journal on Mathematical Analysis, 1978-85.
National and International Service
- Member, Scientific Advisory Board, Alexander von Humboldt Foundation, 1986-present.
- Member, External Review Panel, Graduate Mathematics Program, Boston University, 1997.
- Member, NSF Mathematical Sciences Postdoctoral Research Fellowship Evaluation Panel, 1994-96.
- Organizer, Midwest Dynamical Systems Conference, University of Minnesota, March 17-19, 1995.
- Organizer, Noninvertible Dynamical Systems Workshop, Geometry Center, University of Minnesota, March 14-18,
- Organizer, Midwest Dynamical Systems Conference, University of Minnesota, March 20-22, 1992.
- Organizer, Workshop on Visualization of Invariant Sets for Symplectic Maps in Dimension 4, Geometry Center,
University of Minnesota, March 9-22, 1992.
- Member, Organizing Committee, Midwest Dynamical Systems Conference, University of Minnesota, March 16--18,
- Member, Organizing Committee, Dynamical Systems and Their Applications, 1989-90 Program for the Institute for
Mathematics and its Applications.
- Member, Organizing Committee, Symposium in Mathematics, ETH Zurich, on the occasion of Jurgen Moser's 60th
birthday, August, 1988.
- Minisymposium Organizer, How the computer will influence mathematics, 1988 SIAM Annual Meeting, July,
- Member, Panel for the Selection of Speakers for Section 12 (Ordinary Differential Equations and Dynamical Systems)
of the International Congress of Mathematicians, 1986.
University of Minnesota Service
- Member, UM/MnSCU Distance Education Teacher Education Committee, 1996-present.
- Chair, Subcommittee on Health Care, Senate Committee on Faculty Affairs, 1992-present.
- Member, Senate Committee on Faculty Affairs, 1992-present.
- Member, IT Consultative Committee, 1993-94.
- Member, University Health Plan Task Force, 1990-92.
- Chair, IT Promotions and Tenure Committee, 1985.
- Member, IT Promotions and Tenure Committee, 1983-85.
- Invited Speaker, AMS Regional Meeting, Indianapolis, 1986.
- Principal Lecturer, CBMS Regional Conference, Tufts University, 1979.
- Invited Address, International Congress of Mathematicians, Helsinki, 1978.
Last modified: March 22, 1998.