Next: About this document
Up: No Title
Previous: Convergence of Riemann
The following statistics are from the Metrodome publications Metrodome
Fact Sheet and The Amazing Metrodome.
- Highest point: 195 feet above the playing field
- Total enclosed volume: 60 million cubic feet
- Largest playing field area: 142,515 square feet
- Stadium Area: 415,000 square feet
- Roof weight: 290 tons
- Roof exterior: 10 acres of teflon-coated fiberglass, 1/16th of an
- Roof interior: woven fiberglass, 1/32nd of an inch thick
- Roof support: 20 electric fans, 90 horsepower each
- It takes 250,000 cubic feet of air per minute to keep the roof inflated.
- Construction material:
- 40,000 cubic yards of concrete
- 11,900 tons of reinforced steel
- 500 tons of structural steel
Figure: Diagram of the Metrodome (from the brochure Welcome to the
Metrodome). The x-axis points up in this figure.
Thu Feb 20 09:21:36 CST 1997